Ziegler Cooper Architects and Fretz Construction recently completed the renovation of this 1932 building that originally housed the Wilson Stationery and Printing Co. An original design of William Ward Watkin, the building stood vacant for decades, with much of its original detailing intact. The “moderne” style, 5-story office structure is the new headquarters of Fretz Construction with the remaining space available to lease.
Exterior improvements included replacing derelict windows, replacing the original canopy system and returning the facade to its original green stucco color. The design of interior office spaces on the third and fourth floors integrate contemporary style with the historic features by emphasizing the original concrete structure and floors. In addition to bringing the building to code, all MEP infrastructure was upgraded. The project received LEED Gold certification.