(Minimum educational, licensing and experience requirements)
- 4 or 5 year Interior Design or Architecture Degree
- Interior Design or Architecture License is not required but strongly preferred.
- 5-7+ years of relevant full-time work experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with corporate interior or space planning projects.
- Demonstrated production skill, and experience with construction phase services.
- Knowledge of building codes, Texas Accessibility Standards, construction methods and materials.
- Ability to work well under pressure as part of a team, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Produces documents and ensures design intent is maintained throughout design development, construction documents and specifications including coordination of all finishes for QA/QC.
- Responsible for follow up on permit submission and TDLR registration on Interior Design projects.
- During the construction phase, responsible for the review and approval of sample submittals and shop drawings, field visits and preparation of field reports (if required), development of punch list(s), and review of application for payments and lien releases.
- Coordinates with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and design team members.
- Must work well in a collaborative environment and be able to work well with others.
- Understand BOMA area calculations and update lease control.
- Reports to Senior Project Manager for day-to-day functional responsibilities for overall direction and approvals.
Other Requirements of the Position
- Advocates design and is able to conceptualize design, and/or advance the concept technically or managerially.
- Demonstrates a high level of skill in design and technical coordination, or project management.
- Advocates sustainable design practices.
- Is able to research and evaluate design materials, products and construction methods.
- Has proven verbal presentation skills.
- Has proven graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and advanced Revit skills including building 3D models.
- Knowledgeable of Newforma and Microsoft Office.
Professional Qualities and Behaviors
- Collaborates effectively on a team basis.
- Must be quality minded and self-motivated.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.