- 4 or 5 year Interior Design or Architecture Degree is required.
- Licensure as an Interior Designer or Architect is required for this position.
- 5-8 years of relevant full-time work experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with corporate interior or space planning experience.
- General knowledge of IBC Building Code with City of Houston Amendments (2012 version) and BOMA [ANSI/BOMA Z65.1-2010 version]
- Experience with Newforma and Deltek Vision is preferred.
- Experience in all phases of Interior Design services from Schematic Design through Construction Documentation and Construction Phase Services is desired.
- Ability to ideate quickly and contribute to a team through the design process
- Skill to focus on a variety of projects types and sizes or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Responsible for managing space planning services on multiple projects and multiple commercial buildings.
- Primary day-to-day contact with clients.
- Responsible for providing programming, space planning, technical documentation, area calculations, coordination with consultants and administration of construction phase services
- Assists in developing fees, schedules, agreements and client presentations.
- Assists with invoicing and collections.
- Reports directly to Studio Principals.
Other Requirements of the Position
- Advocates design and is able to conceptualize design and advance the concept technically or managerially.
- Demonstrates a high level of skill in project management.
- Advocates sustainable design practices.
- Able to research and evaluate design materials, products and construction methods.
- Proven verbal presentation skills.
- Able to participate in marketing interviews.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit; Sketch Up is helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project Schedule is a plus.
Professional Qualities and Behaviors
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and a strong business acumen.
- Collaborates effectively on a team basis.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.