Originally dedicated in June of 1958, Memorial Lutheran Church and School located at the prominent corner of Westheimer Road and Bering Street has grown from their “suburban” beginnings into a beacon for gospel proclamation in the heart of Uptown Houston´s Galleria area. The church has evolved with the city for over fifty years and is thriving more than ever. The newest building, dedicated on the 7th of September 2008, while being a significant structure, is a thoughtful response to the architectural character of the site. The facility has provided for much-needed space while retaining the history and memories associated with the site. Situated on a five-acre site, the expansion adds over 22,000 square feet of fellowship, music, educational and administrative space.
In 2012, renovations of the original, 8,200 square foot, 1958 sanctuary began which includes the addition of new restrooms and a bride’s / nursing mother’s room, an expanded balcony, a new baptismal font, new pews, resurfaced and new flooring, a new vesting and altar guild space, a unisex family restroom, and a prayer room.