- What is your availability: When can you start?
- Approximately, what percentage of your work has been church work?
- How many projects have you worked on with the selected Architect?
- Have you ever done a project locally, and if so describe your experience or challenges
- How accurate have your projected construction schedules been in the past?
- Have you, your company, or any lead positions in your company, ever been sued for anything? If yes, what was it for, and what was the outcome?
- Are you or your company currently involved in any type of lawsuit?
- Describe your safety procedures.
- What is your company’s safety record for the last 5 years?
- How will you ensure a safe campus during construction
- What is a normal cost variance between “estimation”, “bid cost” and “completion cost”?
- How do you work with budget shortfalls?
- How do you calculate change order costs?
- Do you have experience working with an MEP DesignBuild model?
- Describe your pre-construction services. Is there a cost or contract associated with this work?
- What contract form do you prefer to use as a construction agreement?
Employees and Sub-Contractors
- Describe your background check or screening process for your employees and subcontractors?
- Who are the proposed team members? Project Manager, Estimator, and Superintendent
- If the church desires to use a specific subcontractor, do you offer a process to include them
Design & Construction
- Do you provide and test mock-up walls for moisture penetrations at openings?
- After your initial review of our campus/site visit, the master plan and in particular our phased construction areas, what stood out to you as a good idea or design feature, and what stood out to you as a possible challenge that you might suggest a fresh look at, change or re-evaluation?