(Minimum educational, licensing and experience requirements)
- 4 or 5 year Interior Design or Architecture Degree is required.
- Licensure as an Interior Designer or Architect is required.
- LEED Accreditation and WELL certification are preferred but not required
- 10-15 years of with minimum of 5 years’ experience in Workplace Interiors.
- Experience with Corporate Interiors projects ranging in size from 3,000 – 100,000+ RSF.
- Strong knowledge of workplace design, furniture product and specifications.
- Experience in all phases of Interior Design services with strengths in Workplace Strategies, Programming, Schematic Design and Design Development.
- Ability to ideate quickly and lead a team through the design process.
- Skill to focus on large client accounts with a variety of project types and sizes or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Familiarity with environmental graphics and a keen eye to aesthetics is preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with 3D software (see Technical Skills).
- Manage client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Create and prepare verbal and illustrative presentations for clients, which may include initial interviews with prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Focus on a variety of project types and sizes or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Participate with Senior Project Managers, Interior Design Director, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, and reflects client and project objectives.
- Provide programming services on select projects including client interviews, development of space standards, projection of space requirements and documentation of requirements while leveraging an understanding of workplace trends to generate programming documents.
- Develop project narratives and design concepts.
- Provide design leadership role on interior architectural design services from concept through Schematic Design and Design Development, primarily utilizing software such as Revit, Encape and SketchUp, but may include other programs, such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Develop design documentation in Revit for all interior design related project items (including millwork, walls, ceilings, floors, etc.).
- Coordinate with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives.
- Select and/or coordinate all interior finishes for assigned projects including selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications.
- Meet required sustainability standards for each project.
- Lead construction documents and participate in construction phase services as required by the project team, primarily by providing verifications and/or clarifications of design intent.
- Prepare and coordinate for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Prepare project closeout including completion of closeout form, project descriptions and project photography.
- Report to Sr. Project Manager for day-to-day responsibilities and Interior Design Director for overall design direction.
Other Requirements of the Position
- Advocate design and is able to develop design concepts.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in design with the ability to articulate design concepts or solutions to clients.
- Advocate sustainable design practices.
Business Development Skills
- Proven verbal and graphic presentation skills in interviews with potential clients.
- Proven track record of marketing and business development.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and InDesign.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software and Adobe Suite.
- Experience with Enscape, Illustrator, Sketchup and Photoshop will be helpful.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project Schedule, and Newforma.
Professional Qualities and Behaviors
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and strong business acumen.
- Leads effective team collaboration.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.