(Minimum educational, licensing and experience requirements)
- 4 year Interior Design or Architecture Degree
- Interior Design or Architecture License is preferred but not a requirement of this position.
- 1-3 years of relevant full-time work experience with a minimum of 1 year experience with corporate interior design and/or space planning experience.
- General knowledge of 2012 IBC Building Code with City of Houston Amendments (2006 version) and 2017 BOMA [ANSI/BOMA Z65.1-2010 version] is recommended.
- Experience with Newforma and Deltek Vision is helpful.
- Knowledge of commercial furniture products is a plus.
- Survey existing spaces with as-built partitions.
- Input or revise CAD & Revit database to reflect as-built partition survey.
- Assist with design and technical support on designated projects.
- Conduct area calculations, lease exhibits, and maintain control books.
- Prepare construction documents and coordinate with engineering consultants.
- Assist with construction phase services including review of shop drawing, sample submittals and RFI’s.
- Report to Sr. Project Manager for day-to-day responsibilities.
Other Requirements of the Position
- Advocates design and is able to conceptualize design, and/or advance the concept technically or managerially.
- Demonstrates a high level of skill in design, technical coordination, or project management.
- Advocates sustainable design practices.
- Is able to research and evaluate design materials, products and construction methods.
- Has proven verbal presentation skills.
- Has proven graphic presentation skills.
- Is able to participate in marketing interviews.
- Has proven client communication skills.
- Is proficient in Revit.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is a plus.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project Schedule and Newforma.
Professional Qualities and Behaviors
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and a strong business sense.
- Collaborates effectively on a team basis.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.